Thursday, May 09, 2013

Day 129. High Hem Lines.

May, God bless ya. You are shaping up to be a beautiful month. Winter ended abruptly and immediately turned into summer-like weather. Warm, sunny, and colorful capped off with a cool breeze. Ice cream shops sprung open, the boardwalk is full of happy dogs and joggers, and I can finally drive around in my Lolita sunglasses with the windows down. Even my cat is enjoying rolling around in the warm dust on the patio, much to my chagrin.

I feel juiced up. The spike in my mood only confirms how simple of a creature I am. Warm = happy. Cold = sad. All else is relative.

Along with the warm weather comes shorts. I can't say I've ever been a fan. I refused to wear shorts for almost 10 years of my life, too embarrassed of my thighs. All those summer magazine articles about "finding the perfect swimsuit for my body type" would get my hopes up, only to be dashed when I'd once again read that bikinis with knee-length skirts are still not in fashion.

I broke out of my short phobia over the past few years, but I feel it creeping back this year. I hope that if I keep up with my gym routine (4x this week baby!), I'll see a difference, but more importantly feel a difference in my confidence.

I am also recommitted to my sugar-free diet. Refined-sugar-free that is. The body is designed to flourish. The body is designed to be healthy and defensive and effective. I want to help it along. Protect my precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment