Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 117. Office Nails.

My fingernails have grown long. That is a first in my entire working life. They aren't eroded by sanitizer or chipped from manual labor. They are just long and decorative and smug.

I clipped them this morning.

There is a stubborn blue collar streak in me. I fight against it, but once taken out of that world I don't quite feel like myself. You can take the lady out of the streets but...

It is weekly farmer's market day. Gosh I love Saturdays. I just got paid and received my tax return (you tend to get money back when you fracture your spine and a large part of your $9000 income is from cashing in your savings accounts to pay rent) so I am making a little list of how this money will be allocated. It's tempting to throw it all on the credit line, but would be counter productive as other expenses would then default to Visa.

Here's my wish list so far. Not all of it will make the cut though:
- gas for the car
- medicine for the cat
- repay the life saver who gave me winter tires
- HEALTHY groceries
- toothpaste
- big ol' credit line payment
- an embarrassingly small token for my parents who have helped out so often

A friend lent me the Game of Thrones series, so I hope to hunker down with the 4 books (1st one has been read) until the next paycheck. Escapism is underrated. I'll simply be Daenerys Stormborn until financial freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment